Sunday, January 12, 2014

        Our story truly started when my husband proposed to me in early spring 2003. You see, I worked in the public school system and he had a very special way of making sure I would say "yes". Chris had some help from a special fourth grade class, he had them all ask me at once. How could I say no? And so it began. We were married on June 5, 2004 in Warner Robins, Georgia.
        We both agreed from the start that we wanted to hold of on kids for at least a few years. I needed to finish college,  he was enlisted in the Air Force, and who knew where we would end up. We knew we were doing the responsible thing and would have a family one day, just not yet. So life went on.
        Flash forward several years (about 9!) and we found ourselves stationed at RAF Lakenheath in England. This was a big change for myself as I grew up a true southern girl and very close to family. It was a little easier for my husband who is originally from Europe. He grew up on a little island called Malta and we would be closer to most of his family while stationed here in England. About a year after our arrival and a deployment later, we decided it was finally time to start a family.
       On Christmas Eve 2012, we discovered around 2am, I was pregnant. We could not have been more excited. The plan was that we would wait to tell our families, but it didn't take long for either one of us to cave and we told them all in early January. I had been feeling sick the entire time, but even as a nurse myself, I thought it was just normal nausea. After a two trips to the ER for extreme nausea and pain, it was discovered on January 15, 2013 that I was experiencing a tubal pregnancy on my right side. I was rushed into surgery, but thankfully my amazing surgeon was able to save my tube. I awoke upset, but thankful to be alive and was reassured we could soon try again. We did just that.
       We were starting to worry when on November 23, 2013, we discovered I was pregnant again. This time was a little different,  I knew from the beginning something was not right. I had been bleeding from the start and only took a test on a whim. Thankfully, my wonderful doctors trusted me and I was seen immediately. It did not take long to find that yet again, we were experiencing  a tubal on my right side. I had surgery this time the first week of December. Almost immediately after I woke up from anesthesia we were told that not only had my right tube been removed, but my left was not functioning. The test done on my left tube consisted of trying to flush dye through the tube in order to make sure everything could pass through normally. This was not the case with my left tube, the dye could not get through and there for that tube would be useless also for trying to get pregnant. We were devastated to learn that the only way for us to have a normal pregnancy would be through IVF.
        Not to long after arriving home from the hospital, we started looking into IVF and the facilities that do it. Though it is an expensive process, it is cheaper to do have done here in Britain. Our military insurance does not cover IVF and so we started saving. The problem is that we PCS in 9 months and have a very limited time to complete the process. We are planning on the initial appointment in February 2014, and we have saved some to start. If we can not raise enough funding we will not be able to continue.
        Someone suggested a Go Fund Me account and I tried it, not thinking anyone would even be willing to spare a dollar on people they didn't know let alone the amount that family has also donated. We have set a goal of $6000.oo and I am asking everyone to please even give a dollar to help us start our family at http://www.gofundme.com/BabyforButigiegs I know that I have reached out and helped people in the past and I am hoping they will do the same for myself and my husband. We both will graciously pay it forward in the future, every chance we get. Thank you in advance!

1 comment:

  1. Brandi...you are such a strong person and achieve everything you set your mind to. Remember when we'd ride L and Cowboy together and I'd keep you up on L even when he was acting up? LOL...you persevered and fought hard to get better and better...and you did! Then school and having to move...you pushed thru that and conquered your fears. This is just another one of those fighting times. Keep your head down and your thoughts positive. God has a big plan for you and Chris' s future family. And I know you both will rise to the fight and be amazing parents to amazing children. Cant wait to get word that you are prego and doing well. And I hope to be able to meet your little ones. Love you and remember your friends are behind you all the way. <3 (((hugs))))

    ReplyDelete