Sunday, January 4, 2015

Good Riddance 2014, Hello 2015!

         People have asked about my resent "No Post" well finally we are into a new year and I have a second to explain. I could blame it all on the move, but I have become a little lazy since I started working from home for a bit. A tiny apartment and a cat to keep me company is turning me into an official crazy cat lady.  Okay here goes!
        So towards the end of 2014 we may the big move back over the pond and landed in Virginia. Coming back from the Britain has been so much of a culture shock and I find myself missing the easy lifestyle there. We left some amazing friends, I left my job, and we said goodbye to one of the most amazing places to explore in the world. No longer can we just jump on the train and visit London for the day, go grab lunch at our favorite little place (If you are ever in the town of Mildenhall, Webb's is delicious), or my favorite just walking around Bury St. Edmunds.
        Two days prior to our return we were devastated with the loss of our beloved little dog, Keepsie. We had just shipped our pets to my family a few weeks earlier until we could pick them up once we were settled and this made not being with her in the end even worse. That little turkey nugget had been with us since before our marriage and my grandmother had even once loved on her before her own passing in 2004. She was older and such a sweet girl, but I have to say I think we knew she wouldn't make it too many more years and I had worried about the flight with her age. Still it breaks my heart not having her with us and all her funny little quirks. Anyone reading this who has not been blessed with children can relate to your animals being like kids.
        Upon arriving here it was operation find a house and quick. We found the house, but it has to be built and we decided to move into a small apartment for the time being. It is amazing what you can live without when you have to. All of our stuff is still in storage which means we basically have a bed, a computer for a television, and and our clothes we brought with us. The one thing I wished we could have packed was a couch, when we visited my parents to pick up the cat, having a couch felt like luxury living.
         Chris went back to work and I had to find a job which I am keeping hush hush about until it is all finalized which is a process when you talk about clearances. The company was nice enough to offer me a job working from home while I wait, which was super nice of them and I couldn't have asked for more than what they offered. They were truly a blessing and with all of our bad luck in 2014, I feel like I might should go knock on some wood about now. KNOCK, KNOCK, did you hear that? That was me knocking on the wood!
          As things settle and we are slowly finding our way here, we have started to look into new IVF centers and the adoption process. Here is to hoping I can one day birth something besides a kidney stone. The one thing about starting the whole process over and leaving England was that it meant leaving my amazing OB doctor. Anyone who has the privilege of having Dr. HT for anything is truly lucky and we will forever be so thankful for her kindness. I do not think we will ever find anyone who compares or anyone we trust as much.
          Wishing the best for everyone in 2015, but especially praying that this will be the year our dreams come true and we can finally start our own little family. Thank you to all who have supported us in our journey and who continue to support us. We love each and every one of you.



                                                                    Missing our Girl


                                                            Keepsie with her favorite toy


                                                                   Bye, Bye England


                                                                    Hello Virginia Sun


       

No comments:

Post a Comment